Saturday, January 7, 2012

Why So Fast Miss Name

 
I've moved to a new part of the house so I'm starting a new post.  It just feels right. Today I did a stupid thing.  I wrote a letter to the beautiful famous Mr. S.  I just saw his address somewhere, with a note that he read his own mail, and I thought why the hell not?  It wasn't like I was busy curing cancer, or figuring out why I always use a spoon when eatting canned peaches when clearly a fork is required (damn things always slip off the spoon).  I have the freedom to spend my time how I will, and if I want to write a letter to "iceman" then I will.

I don't think my letter made much sense.  I'll post it here:



I was 5’10” in seventh grade.  For anyone at that age, that’s tall.  For a girl that’s especially tall.  The average girl’s pants had a 32 inch inseam, which left a three inch gap between the bottom of my pant leg and the top of my shoe.  To fill some of that gap I wore dirty high top sneakers, and white athletic socks.

I don’t know if we have anything else in common other than being tall.  I’m pretty sure you didn’t perm your hair from 1992 to 1995.

You already know about you.  You already know about your work.  So I’m going to tell you about me, five things about me.  Being tall is number one.

2              As long as I can remember I've had music in my head. When I'm alone sometimes I dance to it. Not the kind of dancing that I'd do in a club or on stage, but real dancing, like it doesn't matter who's watching. Because no one is.

3              As a kid the most exciting part of a ride was standing in line scared to death. As an adult that's still the case. Anticipation is the best

4              Jumping on the bed is difficult when you're a 5'10" girl, the bed's 2'6", and the ceiling is 8' high. Yes, I actually thought this out.

5              I once reached under a bathroom stall wall to get toilet paper from the other side.  Yeah… there was someone over there.

Thanks for reading this,


No comments:

Post a Comment