Thursday, May 10, 2012

I found these poems of mine, almost songs really.  They must be four or five years old.  There are no titles or punctuation.


Sometime I wish you would
Gently die
Let go
Sometimes I wish you would go away
I won't beg you to stay this time
Let go
Oh let go
And I promise
I won't call you back
You're gone so please go
An indrawn breath
And a sigh
See how I'm still alive
So let go
Oh let go

You grip me so tightly
I tremble to know
That someday I'll die
And then you might go



And then there's this poem:


If you've never tasted it
Never hated and loved it
Then you'll never understand me
Cold
And hot
A sharpness that dulls
Fuzzy smiles
That weep
If you've never known the smell
Never heard the crying
Then you'll never understand me
Scars that don't fade
A shame that forgets
Fuzzy and hot
A smile that weeps

Take for me an undrawn breath
Peer into an open door
The one that won't shut
It's supposed to lock out the world

No comments:

Post a Comment