Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More Poetry

Moth

It's an empty space
With a light in the center.
Out in the dark there are walls,
But I can't see them.
I hover around the light.
Looking into it.
Blinding myself the the corners
Of the room.
But maybe, just maybe
The answers I'm looking for
Aren't in the light.
Maybe there's a dresser or chest
With everything I need.
I just have to let go.
Have faith.
And step into the unknown.




Maybe I Should Have Taken the Elevator

Watch your feet on the stairs.
The third step is missing.
The fourth one kind of moans
When you step on it.
It's doing the job of two steps.
The top step is made out of gold.
Solid gold.
But gold is heavy,
And bracket where the left end
Is connected to the wall
Is not made out of steel or titanium
Or any other strong metal.
It's held up with will power.
If the step falls
It will take me with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment